Monday, December 12, 2011

BAKING TIME!!!!

I love to do Christmas baking.  Its a holiday tradition for us to spend a weekend just baking 'til we drop basically.  Which I did this weekend.  22 loaves of holiday breads and 16+ dozen cookies.  A friend asked me if I was nuts, and what on earth I was going to do with all those cookies and breads!?  I replied, matter-of-factly and simply:  SHARE!!!!

After all, isn't that what we're supposed to do?

The kids decorated the gingerbread cookies, the last of those to be finished.  Then I gently packaged them up with pretty cellophane and bows, and sent the kids and husband to deliver them to the neighbors.  Some also went to inlaws and I took some to work.  And there are still a few pretty packages waiting on the counter for those last minute surprises.

I hope you get a chance to share some fun baked goods with others too!  After all, don't they say that the calories cancel each other out if you share???

1 comment:

Traci S. said...

You are amazing, Susan! You have such a sweet heart. You're always thinking of others...I hope you kept plenty for you and yours. BTW, I would be very surprised to receive a sugar cookie...even it if ended up as crumbs in an envelope! LOL

I am baking on Friday to share bread with neighbors. My specialty is pumpkin bread with mini chocolate morsels in it. And, now that I can tie a decent bow, I can put some ribbon on them to give away!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

3 Give-Aways this week: http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com