Thursday, December 20, 2012

Handmade with Love

 
There is something wonderful about crocheting a handmade gift this time of year.  The yarn is warm, soft and fuzzy, and the fun of creating something special for someone special, keeping it a secret, knowing it is a one-of-a-kind-custom-made gift, surprising someone with that thoughtful present... all sums up to joy.  This year I made several scarves and shawls as gifts, and even this little fun clown-rag doll.  I made a similar one 26 years ago for my son, but hadn't even thought about it again until just recently when I had some wonderfully soft bamboo yarn and wanted to make a gift for a friend's precious little daughter.  She is just a joy to know and you can't help smile when you see her so I wanted to return some of that joy to her with a little gift.  And when she opened it, her mom sent me a photo of her with it, and once again, that joy just overflowed!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I've been meaning to comment on this post for obvious reasons! But finding computer time has been a challenge lately. Sweet P. does love her special doll and she asks for you guys so often!

Also, I should tell you that you and your blog are so sweet I passed on the Super Sweet Blogging Award to you! If you don't accept awards, that's ok. I'm sure you don't have loads of free time right now, but just know that I find your blog to be such a 'treat'!